Does Your Company Need Help Improving the Mental Health of Its Employees?
The highest rates of mental health issues occur in Manufacturing, Retail, and Food & Beverage. Simply offering an Employee Assistance Program is no longer enough. We can help your business create a workplace atmosphere that supports mental health. We also offer training to help management and staff recognize mental health signs and effective ways to help.
At any given time, 10.7% of the US workforce is on FMLA leave.
The average duration of that leave is 14.2 days.
64.1% of the time, it's due to the employees' own health conditions.
4% of the time, that health condition is depression/anxiety.
Companies that invest in their employees' mental health see results like:
Fewer sick days
More job efficiency
Increased employee retention
Here are some simple steps companies can take to improve their workplace atmosphere to support mental health:
1. Make sure employees are taking their breaks.
2. Let your employees know when they've done well.
3. Give your employees a way to communicate with you that lets them know their input is valued and that they are heard.
4. Allow and encourage time off for mental health days.
5. Train your mid-level management in "mental health first aid" to recognize the signs and learn effective interventions.